Paper Bag Rosary and Prayer Book
Paper Bag School and Rosary Prayer Book
Create an Artefact with your Class
You will Need
4 Paper Bags (21.5x17.5cm)
craft paper/old wrapping paper (optional)
Images for the mysteries of the Rosary â€œ these can be drawn/ downloaded/stickers
Card cut to size 10x16.5cm
Print outs of the Prayers:
Ribbons or twine
Religious items for Decoration
double sided tape/pritt stick/pva glue
There is a blogpost about this little book here are the basic instructions
1. cut the handles off the bags leaving the outer handle on 2 of them.
2. we folded the bags in half , and punched holes in the fold.
3. Using the ribbon/twine, 'bind' the book together.
4. For the pullouts cut some card to size and stuck some ribbon on with double sided tape to enable the inner page to be pulled out. Make sure these are also staggered so that you can see the tabs when the book is closed!
5. We used 120gsm linen paper to decorate the pages! You could also use sugar paper,/ wrapping paper or leave the pages plain
6. after preparing the pages, cut and stick the prayers in the order you would like them in the book, using a glue stick/sellotape/ doublesided tape
7. Decorate the Cover in your chosen paper , make sure the children put their name on their own book.